Ingredients For Paratha Dough :
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup fresh fenugreek leaves (methi), finely chopped
Water, as needed
Salt to taste
Ingredients For Rolling and Cooking :
Whole wheat flour for dusting
Cooking spray or a non-stick pan for cooking
Banane Ki Vidhi
Prepare Fenugreek Leaves:
- Wash and finely chop the fresh fenugreek leaves.
Make Paratha Dough:
- In a mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, chopped fenugreek leaves, and a pinch of salt. Gradually add water and knead the mixture to form a soft, smooth dough. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
Divide and Roll:
- Divide the dough into small, lemon-sized balls. Roll each ball in whole wheat flour and use a rolling pin to roll it into a round, flat disc (paratha).
Cook on Griddle:
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Place the rolled paratha on the hot surface.
Cook Each Side:
- Cook each side for about 1-2 minutes until it starts to puff up and small brown spots appear.
- For a no-fat cooking option, you can use a non-stick pan and skip the use of oil or ghee. Alternatively, you can lightly spray the surface with cooking spray.
- Once both sides are cooked, remove the fenugreek paratha from the pan. Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve the no-fat methi parathas hot with yogurt, pickles, or any of your favorite low-fat condiments.