500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 cup low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon oil (preferably olive oil)
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Banane Ki Vidhi
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken with half of the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, and a pinch of salt. Let it sit for at least 15-20 minutes.
Sauté Onion and Cumin Seeds:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
Add Ginger-Garlic Paste:
- Add the remaining ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute until the raw aroma disappears.
Spice it Up:
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Mix well and cook for another minute.
Tomatoes and Tomato Paste:
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and the oil starts to separate from the masala.
Cook the Chicken:
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to the masala. Cook on medium heat until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Lower the heat and add low-fat yogurt. Stir continuously to avoid curdling. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the curry thickens.
- Adjust salt and spice levels according to your taste. If needed, add a splash of water to achieve the desired consistency.
Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve the low-fat chicken curry with steamed rice or whole wheat roti.